MICHAEL J. TUCKER is a shareholder in the law firm of Michael J. Tucker, P.C. Since 1988, Michael has concentrated his practice in the area of trusts and estates. Michael received a B.A., cum laude, from the University of Texas at Austin (1984) and a J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law (1988).
Michael is licensed to practice law in Arizona and California, and he is a State Bar of Arizona certified specialist in estate and trust law. He was honored among the “Best of the Bar” for trusts and estates lawyers in Phoenix Business Journal in 2005, and he is included in Best Lawyers in America in the trusts and estates category. He is a frequent speaker on estate planning and charitable gift planning topics and has spoken at the national Conference on Planned Giving.
- Past president of Valley Estate Planners and of the Planned Giving Round Table of Arizona
- Past chairman of the Maricopa County Bar Association Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Served on the Board of Trustees of Arizona’s Children Foundation
- Served on the Board of Trustees of the Arizona Bar Foundation
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Phoenix chapter of the Financial Planning Association
- Past Chairman of Planned Giving Committees of the Greater Southwest Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation
- Member of Planned Giving Committee of the Desert Botanical Garden
- Past co-chairman of the State Bar of Arizona CLE Committee
Since 1991, Michael has participated in pro bono projects of the Maricopa County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, and particularly of the HIV/AIDS Law Project. For his volunteer work, Michael was honored by the Maricopa County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program as its 1994 Attorney of the Year and its 2003 HIV/AIDS Project Attorney of the Year, and by the Arizona Bar Foundation as the recipient of its 1995 Pro Bono Service Award.